This week on Hargie:
Lots of updates this week on the site as I catch-up after our road trip last week...
Week 6-23 - Photos
Week 5-23- Curiosities
Week 5-23 - Haibuno
1 Month in Winter - Animation
Week 5-23 - Photos
This week elsewhere:
- Erik Hoel chimes in on Bing AI's (Sydney) abrasive and potentially downright scary "personality". Is it overreacting? Hype? or of genuine concern? I'm not sure.
AI will probably most likely lead to the end of the world, but in the meantime, there'll be great companies.
So it’ll kill us, but, you know, stock prices will soar. Which begs the question, how have tech companies handled this responsibility so far? Miserably."
2. Anyone else feeling, paywalls paywalls everywhere! I want to read content, I want to support people, but...paywalls. This is a little dated but reflects my sentiments. This site will remain free to read always.
3. Of course, Google. Balloons everywhere.
This was inevitable.
4. I'm currently heading into Book 3 of Liu Cixin's Three Body Problem trilogy. There is a Netflix adaptation on the way (Americanized of course - blah!), but you can watch a 30 part serialized version from China on Youtube at Tencent Video:
I'm eager to dive in.
5. Men outnumber women by more than 2 to 1 in US federal science jobs. Of course they do. The gender gap in STEM is ongoing. How about start to address why!
— Thanks for reading, before you go…
I’m listening to new music, every single day, check out the playlist!
Interested in finding new voices to connect with each morning? The Sample sends you one article from a random blog or newsletter that matches up with your interests. When you get one you like, you can subscribe to the writer with one click. Sign up here.