Week 5-23 - Curiosities
This week elsewhere:
- The Saguaro Cactus poop sheet - https://www.nps.gov/sagu/planyourvisit/upload/The%20Saguaro%20Cactus.pdf - I had no idea there were entire hillsides full of them in AZ until we drove this week. I love them! They are really impressive organisms.
- The first Depeche Mode single off Memento Mori is Ghosts Again, touching new music after the passing of Fletch in 2022. I would love to see them on tour this spring, but the ticket prices are astronomical.
- AI-powered Bing Chat loses its mind when fed Ars Technica article. AI choosing deception, imagine that... the stories about AI just keep getting better and better.
- Creatures that don't conform by Lucy Jones
"I couldn’t believe my eyes.
Iridescent rainbow orbs bursting into tangerine spun sugar. Pearly spheres of goo. Sorbet corn dogs leaning into one another with matching bouffants. Bright yellow blackberries. A bunch of Mr. Blobby’s babies. Golden goblets overflowing with effervescent honeycomb. Opalescent spherules in crinkled sweet wrappers. Amaretti flecked with flakes of soap. Honestly, go and check it out if you don’t believe me."
- We ate at Pizzaria Bianco while we were in Phoenix. I dunno if it was the best pizza I've ever eaten, but it was very flavorful and fresh. I would eat there again.
— Thanks for reading, before you go…
I’m listening to new music, every single day, check out the playlist!
Interested in finding new voices to connect with each morning? The Sample sends you one article from a random blog or newsletter that matches up with your interests. When you get one you like, you can subscribe to the writer with one click. Sign up here.