Week 3-23 - Curiosities
Starting today I'll post the newsletter once a week on Fridays.
Have any thoughts on this? Would you rather receive Photos, Curiosities, or Haibuno? Would you rather have multiple emails per week? Different day for the one newsletter? I'm open to any/all suggestions, just leave a comment below.
I will start this once a week newsletter with links to everything I posted during the week, just like this:
This week on Hargie.com:
Week 3-23 - Photos
Week 2-23 - Curiosities
Week 2-23 - Haibuno
This week elsewhere:
1. Has Earth’s inner core stopped its strange spin? https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-00167-1?error=cookies_not_supported&code=ce53b4a6-d3ed-4e5e-8872-9f4ccbeb5c90
Read the science: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41561-022-01112-z.epdf
Can we stop putting science behind a paywall. Please.
2. Our greed will kill us. A 400% price hike is in store for their covid vaccine. Why is Moderna going to charge 4,400% more than it costs to produce? “Moderna clearly does not feel that the billions it received in public funds came with any obligation to serve the public interest. The company falsified its patent applications, omitting the NIH scientists who co-developed the vaccine, claiming sole ownership:” When will we collectively say enough is enough of this big Pharma BS?
- I am really enjoying Cory Doctorow's daily links @ Pluralistic
3. Ojibwe Word of the Day: Mino-bimaadiziwin ᒥᓄ ᐱᒫᑎᓯ ᐧᐃᓐ - “The good life’
4. I’ve been subscribed to Mateusz Urbanowicz’s YouTube channel for many years, and only now watched his student animation “Right Places” - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik-49KwSL-8 The animation is absolutely beautiful, just like all his artwork - https://mateuszurbanowicz.com/
5. If you could, would you like your body to “forever” be 18? https://www.businessinsider.com/bryan-johnson-45-reduced-biological-age-5-years-project-blueprint-2023-1
See also: https://rejuvenationolympics.com/
— Thanks for reading, before you go…
I’m listening to new music, every single day, check out the playlist!
Interested in finding new voices to connect with each morning? The Sample sends you one article from a random blog or newsletter that matches up with your interests. When you get one you like, you can subscribe to the writer with one click. Sign up here.